Thursday, June 09, 2005

Alligators and hummingbirds

I put up a hummingbird feeder in my back yard a couple of days ago, and I wish they would start coming right now. These things take time, I guess.

I read this last night and then I read it again today because it reminds me of why I love Matt Good so much, not just as a musician, but as a really intelligent and genuine person.

One really good thing about spending lots of time home alone is that I finally have time to do things that I usually can't do because I'm so busy. One of those things is drawing. I hadn't done anything remotely art-related for years and then all of a sudden:



It's nice to know that I haven't lost it. Now that it is finished, I will carefully file it away into a box. If my mother were to see it, she would want to frame it and put it up on the wall, and I already have enough creepy self portraits staring at me as it is.