Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Re: Sunday

Last Sunday was a mess. I left early from Steph's party so I could do a dance performance that I had agreed a long time ago to do. It was my understanding that I would be dancing at 2:00, but when I got there, they told me that the time had been changed to 3:30, and that the whole show was running nearly an hour behind. I was angry about that so I left without setting foot upon the stage.

Earlier that day I had had a rehearsal for another dance. First it was scheduled for noon, then 11, then cancelled, then on again. I didn't hear finally if anyone actually went. I didn't.

Becoming increasingly frustrating is the lack of organization and communication between my dance school and its performers. It is so bad that the monthly newsletter announces all sorts of events, but doesn't bother to mention dates and times. They expect everyone to look at the notices posted on the bulletin board at the school, but noone does.

So instead of getting angry about this, I'm going to make them a website that will have up to date information on it. That way, people like me can visit from home and know what's going on. I told them this and they got very excited. Too excited. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.

I got my Pleasure Craft Operator's Card yesterday. Watch out.