Sunday, June 26, 2005

Long cool woman in a fat dress

I always thought that I heard the lyrics to that song wrong, having inhereted a bad case of selective hearing from my father. Now, after watching a bunch of middle aged overweight women dancing on stage in black stretch velour I know that in spite of what everyone says, I was right all along. He really does say long cool woman in a fat dress.

When I went to call them to perform, their dressing room smelled strongly of alcohol. I have no idea what they were drinking, but they were a little out of it when they went on stage. They are really wonderful women, and I've never understood why they always have to wear such frumpy, unflattering costumes. Maybe I will learn when I am their age.

Overall the yearend shows turned out pretty good. They're getting too long for people to sit through though. I don't know how they're going to make them shorter without hurting feelings, but it will have to happen eventually.

It was really nice that Lisa managed to come out to the show, even though she was fired from the dance school. I'm not sure why she left, but she was always really nice to me. As always, she had nothing but praise for everyone afterward. It means a lot when people come out to cheer for you when they have good reason not to.

I went to see Love's Labour's Lost at Bard on the Beach today. For some reason or other I was having a hard time following the play, probably because I was tired from dance. Regardless, Bard never disappoints and my day wasn't wasted. I'll be back to see Hamlet in three weeks.