Sunday, January 15, 2006

And I've written pages upon pages


"Sorry, I've got to blow my nose."

And with that, his eyes were closed and his hands off the wheel. I considered reaching over and taking it for a brief second, but decided against it. He was always offended when I did that. "I've been driving for twenty years," he would say. Bullshit, you're only 26, I would think to myself, but I'd never say it. No need to start a fight. Far better to drive off the road.

Alison tells me that after living in Malaysia for six months, she is completely bored of it, so bored that she's moving to Rome. Today I envy her mobility.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning that I have been putting off for months. I have finally convinced myself that it is stupid to keep taking drugs for a problem that could be easily fixed by a root canal, or yanking teeth or whatever the dentist decides to do. Though to tell the truth, I'd just rather put it off a little longer.

It's been two months since I last changed the name and template of this blog and I'm tired of it. I'm also out of ideas right now.

The Engine Driver by the Decemberists is officially my favourite song, until I decide to stop listening to it on repeat.

I was finished with this day at about 6:00 this evening, yet I am still up. I can't explain it.

Just things on my mind, that's all.