Monday, January 02, 2006

Hello 2006


New Years didn't fully begin until a guy named Andrew the geologist showed up and introduced himself with a large cooler of assorted alcohol to share. I'm still not completely certain why he was there or who he knew, but he was cool so it was okay. As always, there was plenty of truly terrible karaeoke and spin the bottle, this time with substantially more guys playing than girls.

I have come to the realization that falling asleep on people is much nicer than just sleeping on the couch or the floor. Though when you fall asleep, that means that other people use your camera. When I check my camera, there seems to be an unusually high number of nipple shots there. I did not take them, and I don't know who did. There are plenty of other, nicer photos there and they can be found here at the moment.

My apologies to Adam for giving him a black eye. People keep wanting the story behind that and to be honest, it's not really worth telling.

At this time last year, I was filled with all sorts of optimism and aspirations, some outrageous, others completely realistic and unfortunately, none fully realized. Faced with the possibility of another year of commuting 3-4 hours per day in and out of an isolated shithole suburb again, I just can't bring myself to feel the same way this year. Who knows? Maybe by December I will be pleasantly surprised. If nothing else, I won't be disappointed.