Friday, January 20, 2006

Yukon Jack


The above is an accurate depiction of my mind this morning when I woke up and words failed me.

Have I mentioned that I like my political economics TA?

For starters, from the Yukon.

A bit of a renaissance man, actually. He's a teacher, a construction worker, community planner, plumber, master logbuilder.

He came to class wearing lots and lots of leather. His thesis? Something to do with Harley Davidsons as symbols within society.

He claims to have had the first cell phone in all of Canada, when he lived outside of Whitehorse and couldn't get a landline.

He has the biggest handlebar moustache I have ever seen.

He's my parents' age.

He's entirely unlike all my other young, apathetic, academic grad student TA's, which is really nice for a change.

Most importantly though, he's not Andy.

I wonder where they got him from.