Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Scrawls


Arrived at school two hours early for no particular reason.

Went to tutorial only to find that it had been moved to a different room. Arrived at said room to find that it had been cancelled and rescheduled for some time between 4:30 and 8:30 tonight. Didn't know what exactly it had been changed to. Shock and frustration ensued.

Went upstairs to see academic advisor. Was turned away. Advice? Check online. Course changes are outlined there.

Attempted to sign into internet. Network too busy. Reminded myself that underfunded public universities in Canada lack sufficient infrastructure to support their students due to government cuts.

Found myself deprived of both school related information and my blogroll. Irritation and boredom took me all the way to the 6th floor of the Bennet Library periodical section. My fingers found the Malahat Review. The first story there? A Degree of Suffering is Required by Christine Estima, and was pleased to see that it has the same potent and visceral imagery that you tend to see on her blog, only this time in story form. Read through it much faster than it deserved, but it definitely cured my boredom.

Enjoyed it muchly. Will be back to read it again so as to be better able to comment on it.

Went to next class. Boring video. Poor sound quality. Lady quoting biblical scriptures. Was turned off immediately. Wasted an hour.

Finally got internet to work. Discovered that I was no longer in the class. Class full. Shock, horror, panic, and still that boring video.

Talked to Nick, sitting at the booth for the Conservative Party. Some days I actually admire his devotion to a party that I find so disturbingly wrong. He noted that he was sitting to the left of the NDP booth, which is kind of weird. I noted that from my vantage point, he was indeed sitting to the right. Pleased him muchly. Noted that the Liberals were nowhere to be found and the Greens appeared to be off on a tangent of their own. Commentary, or random?

Academic advisor out to lunch. Literally. Figuratively?

Must go back to class now.