Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hosers


I was about to go to bed when suddenly I was lured into the livingroom by the sweet sound of the Bob and Doug MacKenzie theme song call.

I spent the next couple hours glued to the television, watching Strange Brew, which, though it isn't the best Canadian cult film, it's pretty good regardless, if you're not the least bit concerned about quality. Or meaningfulness. Or thinking.

I got up once during the whole ordeal to get myself some pea soup. Or at least, the soup had peas in it, the same kind as the Habitant pea soup. How Canadian.

The MacKenzie family dog saved the day and the end credits rolled over everyone's favourite hosers saying all sorts of inane things. Then suddenly the national anthem started playing and I stood up all respectful and with that, our national broadcaster signed off.

I went to bed feeling oddly enriched by the experience, and wondering why beer doesn't come in stubbies anymore.

Today is one of those days that you stumble across people like Peter saying nice things about your blog that are completely unexpected, but pretty nice to see. The internet is a pretty cool place.