Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The end is near


I was pretty whiney a year ago tomorrow:

I hope you all had a great holiday. Mine, well, ranked somewhere near the one that I spent all Christmas in the hospital with an infection that was at first misdiagnosed as sexual abuse, and then they overdosed me on penicillan. Ask me about that Christmas and this one later.

I am, currently, at what is to be my house in about five days. Moving from a four bedroom house with an attic into a basement suite with a garage has been difficult to say the least, especially since nothing inside is finished. What is supposed to be my room has nothing on the walls, no boards, no gyproc, and is also about a third of the size of the room that I am moving out of. In addition, I will be sharing it with my sister, which means that our beds will be about a foot apart, and I won't have any room to put a dresser in the room for my clothes. Oh well, it's not like I would use it anyway. At least I have a closet.

Until there are boards and paint on the walls in my room, and also my parent's room, we all get to sleep in the livingroom together. Fun.

At the moment, my wishlist includes a washroom where I could have a shower (there is a bathtub, but due to caulking problems, hair must be washed in the laundry sink). I would really love to have a kitchen sink, a dishwasher and some cabinets, but I suppose I could settle with kitchen counters. We don't appear to have any of those yet. Maybe we will get a stove soon. (My sister says no.)

That is currently the situation I am in. What can I say? My house as it is is reminicent of the third world, though admittedly it hasn't been struck by a tsunami. I do however have my computer, and a faster internet connection than I did before, so I guess it isn't all bad.

My commute to and from school will be an hour longer each way. That adds up to a whole four wasted hours per day. I'm going to buy a laptop so that maybe I could get some work done on the bus. Otherwise, ask me about the commute in a week.

From the middle of nowhere, I am Erin. Signing off.

I don't whine that much anymore. But though I am now able to shower normally and have kitchen counters, the stove is still out in the garage and it would be really nice if there were cupboards in the kitchen. In spite of the fact that our house is beginning to actually look like something that people live in, I move out on the 15th. Joy. I'm not taking my cat. Sadness.