Sunday, January 29, 2006

Numbers upon numbers


I have stats on the brain.

Could you plot my mood on a graph right now? You'd have to find a way to turn it all into an equation. I was never all that good with those number things. It always seemed to me that stats are really dehumanizing. Even Marx, bless his soul, couldn't seem to think of people as anything more than a passive mass of proletariat flesh. You'd have to take into account:

I am bored as hell, and feel that I have quite literally wasted an entire weekend doing fuck all.

I have a large statistical analysis project due on Wednesday. It involves multiple hours of staring at graphs, tables and charts and then writing something about them. The course is both a waste of time and it's going to drag my gpa kicking and screaming to the nether regions of hell.

I have had a headache for the past couple of hours and it's not getting any better.

My sister is currently popping copious ammounts of bubble wrap. The sound of bubble wrap being popped is akin to fingernails on chalkboards in my mind. It makes me shiver just as much as hearing the sound of cutlery scraping across dinner plates, grates on my nerves like sleeping people grinding their teeth together and irritates me as much as chalk dust on my hands or dust between my toes. Maybe I'm just too sensitive.

There are a couple of people that I can't help feeling very angry at right now for no reason, other than they probably unknowingly did something to irritate me over the past week and probably don't know that I'm angry at them.

I guess hormones will do that. Stats + pms = not the best of combinations. I hate to say it but that's exactly what it is. Try putting that on a graph.

It's Chinese New Year, and guess what's for dinner?

Fungus, of course.