Friday, April 28, 2006

Blackout

Today I

went downtown for job related reasons.
felt like taking pictures of the downtown east side but
took some uninspired pictures of architectural details instead.
marveled at the beauty that is Vancouver.

wore lots of sunscreen.
didn't eat as much as I should have.
became dehydrated and now have a headache because of it.

realized that I can't remember hearing my father whistle at any time during the past three years while standing across the street from the boarded up Millar and Coe China Gifts.

guest posted on Kracker's blog.

spent about five hours on the bus.
slept most of that time on the bus, maybe because I was hungry.
had a conversation with an old woman sitting beside me who was excited about how I was studying sociology and women's studies over the summer.
wish I had taken a picture of her.

watched The Corporation again.
recommend it to anyone who hasn't already seen it.

ate mushrooms for dinner.
feel like changing the world.
might possibly be delusional.

have nothing really to say for myself.

We were sitting in the livingroom about an hour ago when we heard a huge thump upstairs and later found out that the lady upstairs had passed out and what we had heard was her head hitting the floor. She says she thinks it's stress and that there's nothing to worry about. I think she should see a doctor. It's all well and good to not seek any sort of medical treatment for things in places that are uncivilized enough to make people pay for healthcare, but here it's free so that you can get that sort of stuff checked out before it decides to kill you.

But I guess I shouldn't talk until I take my own advice. I have at this moment two pieces of glass, one in each foot, that have been embedded in the bottoms of my feet for six and eight years respectively because I refused to go to the hospital to have them taken out. I had my reasons at the time, but mostly I'm just an idiot.

The human body is an amazing thing. It surrounded them with some sort of really tough fibrous somethingorother that stops them from moving around. Most of the time they don't even hurt.

I shouldn't have said that. Now everyone's going to think I'm weird.