Saturday, April 01, 2006

Business

I have noticed that how much I feel like blogging is directly related to the amount of stats and research methods I do. The more I read through corporate reports and statistics, the more I become aware that there must be millions of people out there that waste their lives doing completely pointless bureaucratic bullshit, pushing paper, merging assets, majority interest, transactions between shareholders, stakeholders, limited liability companies, sole proprietorship crap.

Don't get me wrong. It all has its uses. For a while I owned my own company in high school, registered with the government and everything. It was limited liability so if it went bankrupt I wouldn't, not that that was ever really a concern and mostly I just used it to claim stuff like my computer as a business expense so I would get some of the taxes back. That much at least is useful.

But the rest is inane as hell. Remind me to have nothing to do with anything remotely like it when I'm older.


INITIAL Announced: Sep. 23, 2004 Status: complete
UPDATE: BCE Inc. sold its remaining 0.2% interest in Manitoba Telecom Services Inc. (MTS). PREVIOUS: MTS bought back 7.5 million of its common shares from BCE at $43 per share under its substantial issuer bid. In addition, BCE sold, through the facilities of the Toronto Stock Exchange, 6 million additional MTS common shares at $42.65 per share. Following these transactions, BCE holds approximately 150,000 MTS common shares, with its equity interest decreasing from 15.96% to approximately 0.2%. Total proceeds from these transactions amount to $578 million.

Yeah, baby. That's what I'm talking about.