Saturday, April 08, 2006

Mittens! Holgas! Kites!


Here are my new mittens. I love them.

Yesterday I confessed my secret love for Colorflash Holgas to my mother, who had to look them up to see exactly what I meant.

Yes, they are crappy, bulky, heavy and analog, but I absolutely love them. My father is always complaining that I have forsaken film for inferior digital but that's not true. I love lomos and I'm sure that that would piss him off too, if he knew. Just the whole idea that the whole point of the camera is to take pictures that are sort of blurry and oversaturated with light leaks that are otherwise bad is kind of crazy. But I've never pretended to be completely sane, have I?

My mother got sort of excited about that, because I'm a really hard person to shop for and usually when it comes to buying me presents, people have to resort to buying me weird shit that I wouldn't have otherwise needed or wanted.

I'll let you in on a secret. I'm getting one for my birthday. Too bad that that's months away.

We rearranged all the furnature in my apartment yesterday. The livingroom area is now the dining room area and the nook alcove thing that served no purpose whatsoever is now my office. It needs a largeish plant.

More importantly, because it has high ceilings, the corner behind my desk really badly needs a kite. A bird kite. Made out of stained glass. I'm drawing up some designs so that I can make one. Should be fun.