Saturday, April 29, 2006

Reoder: a redundant poet


Psst.

Opus garage sale today. 10:00-4:00, 3445 Cornett Rd, Burnaby, or so I've been told.

Yay for cheap art supplies.

We bought my grandmother a huge set of acrylic paint for Christmas but it was stolen a few weeks ago and she hasn't been able to paint anything since. Maybe we can pick something up for her today, and maybe since my aunt "manages" the entire hospital where Grandma is staying, her stuff won't be stolen again.

I'm hopeless with paint.

Cleaning up my room the other day I rediscovered some of my oil pastels. When I was little we used to go down to places where they framed art and get the discarded centres out of the card stuff that they use for borders and use that for pastels. I used to draw lots of flowers and parrots and I think I want to do that again.

The screensaver on the family computer is of my sister's photos and my mother is narrating

young man with redeye and 3d glasses
Abby in her choir outfit
out of focus Abby
pants off!
outside loud mariachi restaurant in Tijuana
track meet!
pants off!
young man in choir outfit that looks very stoned
bad picture of me
damn communist
Mercedes Benz
Erin decorating tree of seasonal festiveness
Frick looking bitchy
pants off!