Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What is a fond?

"All dressed up for exams?" Erin asked me as she got on the bus. She then began to relate the abridged history of psychology to me, through all the theories of the mind or lack of mind. Hilarity ensued.

People have come up with some pretty crazy ways to explain how the brain works over the past few hundred years. Though, I suppose they made perfect sense at the time. A lot of things did. Sometimes I wonder who will be laughing at us when we're dead and gone and why. Free trade? Boehr's atom? Invisible weapons of mass destruction? The re-emergence of terrible 80s fashion at school?

I have no idea. Perhaps we will have the last laugh by nuking, overconsuming or polluting ourselves off the face of the earth. What a pleasant thought.

Just as I found it hard to study for the exam last night, because I kind of already knew everything in the book (or pretended to), I couldn't study for the one today either.

Journalism. It was such a redundant course. In spite of having what seems like it should be interesting subject matter, I didn't learn anything in it that I hadn't heard somewhere else before. Makes it easy to study for, though.

The takehome that I had to hand in though, was different. I had a whole week to do it, so naturally I had to change my topic at approximately 2 am this morning. I wrote something half decent about NAFTA, GATT and magazines, a topic that tends to make me very angry, but more importantly, one that had a lot of readily available sources for me to use. Always helps.

On my way home, I ran into Kevin. Seems to me the last time I saw him was at Ryan's grad party, where I remember him asking me if he was drunk or not and then falling asleep on my lap. Strange the things we remember. I didn't realize how much he liked roadtrips. Something to keep in mind.