Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Self evident

Outside there is a group in the park, barbecuing and it's technically a construction site and fenced off, but what good are fences when you want to have a picnic on the grass?

No, there are no fences when there is post-picnic soccer to be played.

I'm looking at my reflection in my glasses, sitting on top of my printer. My room's in there too. I wonder how they made it fit. They're sitting on top of a small stack of back issues of the Peak. I need to get a recycle bin.

They are talking about a spelling bee on the news and I never figured out what the big deal about them was. We never had those things when I was a kid, though I'm certain that I would have won, if we were using Canadian spellings and not those vulgar American ones.

It's doUGHnut and neighboUr. CentRE and not centER. ColoUr, not color. Of course.

Completely unnecessary letters make language so much more fun and rewarding.

The light has taken on a rather golden tone, turning the clouds into white fluffs.

A freighter is sitting in port, full of sulphur and low in the water. Before long it'll be on its way to Japan.

I saw an odd little tree on my way home today. It was very, very tall with a ridiculously skinny trunk, and no branches at all, save for a little round puff right at the top. Nestled in those branches was a little round crow. I thought the whole thing looked rather like a lollipop at the time, and that was about the time when I fell asleep.