Sunday, April 09, 2006

All this motivation is really procrastination


So, my sister and I decided a long time ago that we would improve the generally crappy state of the submissions at the local country fair by entering and winning practically everything there. Perhaps we are full of ourselves, but I think we might be able to do it. It's all about the ribbons.

That, and the $4 prizes for each category. Oh, yeah.

We do this every year. We talk and talk and talk about things that we could or should or would enter, and then we don't do anything, only to walk through all the displays, knowing we could have done better than a lot of other people.

This year will be different.

I have a takehome exam to finish right now, the question being:
In recent years "self-regulation" seems to be the dominant mode of cultural industry regulation in North America. Explain how and why it became dominant. Use at least two cultural industries as case studies to make your case.
The cultural industries being video games and something else to be determined at a later hour. Not sure yet.

The guy who's got the wrong number and keeps calling me called again today. As soon as I said hello, he said, "Bitch, I told you to call my cell phone," and hung up before I could tell him that he had the wrong number.

If there is one thing I don't put up with, it is people who are rude to me on the phone. Now that he's started swearing at me for no reason whatsoever, I am considerably more annoyed than before. If he does it two more times, I get a free fieldtrip down to the police station to charge him with harassment. Joy, joy.

All I have to do is document a couple calls first. 6:07 pm, so I don't forget.

The above would be a terrible photo of my apartment.