Saturday, October 21, 2006

Excerpts

IMG_4610_1Grandma: You're such beautiful girls. You've got such a lovely mother.

See this book here? I'm reading these now. This man wants to marry this woman, but he doesn't really want to marry her. She's not too sure about him, but she likes that he has lots of money. I haven't gotten very far into it but I really like it. I have a brand new comb!

Dad: That's nice mother.

Grandma: I can comb my hair with it. (makes puffer-fish face while combing hair) They do my hair once a week and the girl always puts so much goo in there that the comb catches on my hair.

Dad: It's a wonder you still have any hair, mother.

Grandma: You do. You've got nice curly hair.

Dad: I'm the only one.

Grandma: Good gall, your brothers don't have any hair left. I've been a mother since you were born!

Dad: Since Lloyd was born, mother.

Grandma: Oh, yes. When Lloyd was born I was pregnant for 52 days.

Dad: I don't know, mother. Somehow I doubt that.

Grandma: And he was such a tweenie little thing.

Dad: He has a tweenie little thing?

Grandma: Well, of course!

Dad: I think we're going to have fun with that...

Grandma: I'm reading these things now. Have you seen this book? He wants to marry her-

Dad: But he doesn't really want to marry her.

Grandma: Exactly!

Dad: And neither does she, but she knows that he has lots of money so she figures she'll try it out.

Grandma: That's exactly it! Look at my finger...