Thursday, October 19, 2006

The obligatory daily post

gogglesNow that I've sent in my budget and grant proposal, I'm crossing my fingers. The question tonight is how fast can I lay out a magazine?

The other question is what the hell am I doing posting here if I have so much work to do? The answer is that things don't need to be completely 100% perfect, even though I think they do, and they do.

My stats prof has suddenly realized that we're almost three weeks behind, three weeks in a twelve week semester, and he's started to race through all sorts of concepts at a ridiculous pace. So much so, that we finished today's lecture about half an hour early.

Instead of letting us go, though, he prolonged our collective pain by asking for questions and giving long, drawn out answers that didn't clarify much. 20 minutes from the end of the class, Alison's phone buzzed.

skype 20mins? :)

To which she replied that they'd have to make it an hour. It buzzed again shortly after but I didn't see the message. She began to pack up her things and then sat and fixed an evil glare upon our prof, all the while fidgetting and fidgetting. She breathed a sigh of relief as he finished answering a question, only to growl something under her breath when he then asked for another question and went overtime in answering it.

Yep, I definitely know what that's like. I still haven't completely made up my mind as to whether it's a good thing or not.

She was out of that class like a shot.

But somehow or other, all that fidgetting about clandestine conversations with European males got me thinking about cheese. Oka cheese. From Quebec. Unpasteurized, smelly and oh so delicious...

I went home and ate a wedge of it.