Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Roadtrip dreams

kelpI have the weirdest little dreams in moving vehicles in those periodic moments of sleep that you get when you're so tired that you can't possibly keep your eyes open much longer, but you know you won't be out for long. Unlike the ones I have when I'm in bed, the ones in moving vehicles are generally short, pointless and dangerously close to reality.

So yeah, I was waiting for someone in an airport and all of a sudden I saw Roger Taylor hanging around the baggage carousel. I had nothing better to do, so I asked him what his suitcase looked like so I could help him spot it. He found it first.

He was about to leave and I asked him very nicely that if he wasn't too too busy maybe he could wait with me and say hi to my friend when he arrived because he just happened to be a fan. I was quite sure that it would make his day. So my friend arrived and he went for lunch with Roger Taylor and I went home.

The end. Wake up. Deer on the road near Campbell River. Donovan's playing on the radio.

Out.

Then I was in the airport in Oslo. I looked around, said "So, this is Norway. Maybe I should let someone know I'm here," but I didn't and I went home.

Wake up. Fanny Bay, full of oystershuckers. You know you're nowhere near Chemainus.

Kelp in the ocean at Alert Bay. The water is so clear...