Sunday, October 22, 2006

I'm drawing blanks here

IMG_4623_1On Friday night I had the chance to catch up on all the gossip and stuff that I never seem to be privy to. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good thing or not.

On the one hand, it's good to know what's going on with some of the friends you haven't seen in a while. A lot of times it's not through lack of interest that you don't know, but lack of time and crappy logistics. Somehow or other, it's nice to keep in touch with people.

But depending on who you're with, it can also be a bad thing too. If, say, you're sitting in a room with two ex-boyfriends of the same friend, who happens to not be present, they start comparing notes and you end up hearing all sorts of information that you really didn't need to hear.

I'm never quite sure what kind of a conversation it's going to turn into whenever Gina invites me over to her place, but Friday ended up the former, and somehow or other I ended up waking up under a pile of people on her couch the next morning.

Contrary to what some may believe, there was no alcohol involved in all this. There was, however, cake. Cake a la Betty Crocker.

We had to buy some eggs and milk at the Safeway, and as we were going through the checkout, one lady seemed to feel that she had to shout out that she had found a pair of nosehair tweezers. She certainly knows how to party it up on a Friday night.

So do we. Apparently there's a photoessay in the works, but I don't know, really. She hasn't uploaded the pictures from her birthday yet, though maybe that's a good thing.