Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm going to start losing track of all these gmail accounts

St. Michael's Indian Residential School, Alert Bay

St. Michael's Indian Residential School, Alert Bay

St. Michael's Indian Residential School, Alert Bay

St. Michael's Indian Residential School. Pretty monolithic, considering its surroundings. Native children used to be taken away from their homes to live there, where they were abused by church and staff. I've heard far, far too many ugly stories about the place that do not belong here.

The building is still used by some people for offices these days, though I'm not sure how much longer they'll be doing that. Some parts of it aren't in particularly good shape. It's a pity that they don't fix it up and use it for something useful.

I just got a brilliant idea. My computer has crashed twice this week due to lack of memory and I'm finding myself with neither the time nor the money to go out and buy disks to burn things to.

Then I got myself thinking. I have a gmail account that I keep a bcc'd paper trail of all my student union related emails. I have a gmail account where I keep all my blog entries. I have a separate gmail account where I keep all my music. Why not have one dedicated entirely to photos?

I don't mind if I do...