Thursday, October 26, 2006

Je suis un pizza avec extra fromage

beaucoup fromage



I really miss those commercials where they made cheese look really sexy. They'd be shot in high contrast black and white and they'd show a couple embracing or exchanging suggestive glances and then at the end they'd say something like "cheddar, pour homme."

They were the absolute pinnacle of television, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing that has ever come since can really compare to their brilliance.

Nothing.

Before I saw those commercials, it never occured to me just to what extent blatant sexploitation can be used to sell things. Sure, I'd seen sexy toothpaste and sexy windshield wiper blades and sexy spark plugs, but cheese was always that gawky teenager, too obsessed with dungeons and dragons to get in on the action. No longer.

They still haven't found a way to make winter tires and potting soil sexy though. They're kind of like lepers, I guess. Oh, and income tax accountants. Anyone care to be seduced with RRSP contributions and charitable donations?

Well, actually, when I think about it, tuition exemptions are kind of hot.

I want some cheese now.