Monday, October 16, 2006

Sorry

eagleFor those who missed this week's This Hour Has 22 Minutes, click the link here and then click the sketch that says "Another Heritage Moment".

I think that by far, the funniest part of that sketch is that I am exactly like those people. It would be impossible to count the number of times I have been in a situation like that and have apologised. In public, I will always say sorry to people who step on my foot. I mean, they will apologise to me too, but as a Canadian, I'll always jump at the chance to say I'm sorry. Most of the time it takes a foreigner to point that out for me to notice.

I'm beginning to think we're weird.

Over the past three days I've developed an unusual stiffness in my left middle finger, and it's starting to bother me. It won't straighten out completely, nor will it bend without difficulty. When I force it to straighten out with my other hand the joints creak and then it aches a bit. Makes it a tad difficult to type. I like to think I'm too young for these sorts of things to happen but I guess I'm not.

Maybe I'll have to get it checked out, though knowing me, my whole arm would have to be paralyzed first before I set foot in the doctor's office. I'm not sure why. It's not like seeing the doctor costs anything at all. I don't always make sense.

Sorry I can't write more. I have two exams and a paper due tomorrow.