Monday, June 25, 2007

Beirut



I had this song stuck in my head all day. I think I'm officially obsessed with Beirut. I've listened to Gulag Orkestar almost non-stop since I got it a month ago. It's the accordions and the trumpets and Zack Condon's voice.



I got new speakers for my computer and now all of a sudden I'm hearing all sorts of parts to music that I've never really heard before. I find myself wondering where the piano accompaniment came from, or the bass line, or a second harmony. It's like I'm listening to completely different music.

And speaking of music, today at work I got bored of listening to "artists similar to Broken Social Scene", on last.fm, which is usually what I listen to at work and instead typed in Beirut and so much awesomeness that I had never previously heard. It's going to take me at least a week to track it all down, which is good, because the music on my computer was getting kind of stale.