Monday, June 04, 2007

Idle speculation

IMG_5611_1

Dad bought me some new ceramic pots for the plants on my balcony, and right now they're sitting unfilled haphazardly across the livingroom. I know that in a little while I'm going to have to go to bed, and that will mean that I'll have to go turn off the light.

People find it a tad disconcerting that coming up to my apartment at night, I have to slip past them into the dark to the furthest corner to turn on the light. I leave them standing there, just inside the door.

IMG_5612_1

There are switches inside the door, of course. One of them sort of illuminates the hall by the bathroom and laundry closet without actually lighting the inside of the laundry closet, which lives in perpetual darkness, no matter what the time of day. Another seems to have the ability to turn the phone on and off.

So, after I turn off the light, the livingroom will be transformed into a minefield. I could scoot in behind the table and through the kitchen, I guess, except for the fact that I have left the dishwasher door open so it can trip me too. I could close it, I guess.

In fact, I could move the pots too. Chances are, I probably will.

The question is why I wrote this post in the first place.