Friday, June 08, 2007

This post goes nowhere.

IMG_5621_1This week I've had to wake up half an hour earlier each morning than I usually do and it's amazing what half an hour will do. Due to some other commitments, I can't go to bed before 10:00 each night which means that the earlier I get up, the less sleep I get and there's no way around it.

It's amazing though, because you wouldn't expect a usually sleepless half hour to make a difference, but maybe just the act of laying in bed, trying to sleep actually counts for something. All I know is that I've been getting up just a little earlier and I've been really out of it as a result.

This morning I was on autopilot so much so that I got off the train and headed down to the skytrain station, on my way to a place where I previously worked but am not working at now. I got to the bottom of the escalator and then had to go all the way back up and run to catch my bus.

The lady sitting across from me was homely, barrel shaped. Her cleavage sat in a flattened shelf on top of her frame and reminded me of a puddle. You know how puddles sometimes ripple when the ground vibrates? The bus was vibrating.

She pointed up to where the top hatch in the bus was leaking rainwater onto a man's leg.

There is no exciting ending to this story. It's boring. My brain is fried. I need sleep.