Thursday, August 02, 2007

Hotdog stands make crappy landmarks

IMG_5943_1

My mission last night: find my friends at the fireworks.

Main obstacles: by the time I got down to the beach it was dark. I had been told to meet someone in front of the Sylvia Hotel, which isn't all that hard to find.

When I got there, there was no one waiting for me. Instead, they decided that they would give me directions to their spot, which they said was right in front of the hotel. Right in front of the porto potties in front of the Sylvia hotel.

IMG_6092_1

"Okay, I'm right beside the porto potties now. Where are you?"

"Right beside the St. John Ambulance truck."

"I don't see you."

"See the guys with the light sabres?"

"No."

"Where the hell are you then?"

"I'm right beside the porto potties in front of the Sylvia Hotel, standing in front of the crowd of police."

"What police?"

Long story short, they were nowhere near the Sylvia and my friends really suck at directions.