Friday, August 24, 2007

825

IMG_6108_1I never really wrote this thing for an audience. I mean, it's cool that people read, and it's cool that some even bother to link me, but the fact is that I just write stuff down so I won't forget. I am my biggest reader, as my sister found out one night when she was sleeping over. I'll post something, read it over, then edit it five or six times before I can leave it alone, and then I'll pick a month at random and read to see where my head was at. Maybe it's pure narcissism but I find my own writing really entertaining.

It's so easy to forget the details. There are some things that I remember very well. I could tell you random useless stuff, like how Kiichiro Toyoda consulted a fortune teller who told him that the key to his company's success was starting the names of all his car models with the letter C, and that's why up until a few years ago, all Toyota models had C names: Corolla, Camry, etc. I know which texts are included in the canon for the Ethiopian Orthodox Christian Tewahedo Church.

Can I remember what I had for lunch two days ago? Nope, not a chance. So how will I know in a year if I don't write it down?

This blog has become a repository for all the crap that gets stuck in my head, some good, most of it not. I find that the more I throw out there, the more I have. I guess it works like love, only less warm and fuzzy.

That being said, I have a love/hate relationship with this blog. I have never once been happy with the content, the template, the name, the domain, pretty much everything about it and it drives me up the fucking wall.

Tonight I have places to go and people to see. I'll be back in approximately 12-18 hours with photos.