Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Garlic breath

IMG_6201_1This is a purple tomato. It doesn't really look overly purple in the picture so you'll just have to take my word for it. I just harvested it from my balcony and I really want to eat it but I kind of feel like someone else should be with me so I can share it with them because it's going to be a pretty momentous occasion. I mean, I've eaten purple potatoes and purple carrots, but never a purple tomato.

Yesterday I ended up wandering up and down Commercial Drive with Lindsay and others looking for a place to eat. We ignored our gut, which was craving Caribbean and went for pasta instead at a restaurant that was packed with people in the 45+ category where drinks were expensive and three out of the four of us were not particularly happy with our meals. Oh well. These things happen.

I think my pasta was supposed to have a tomato sauce, but the sauce seemed more like a half cup of oil with a couple pieces of tomato in it and I think it was probably the oil that gave me heartburn all night. That and garlic breath. I still have garlic breath from that meal. It won't go away.