Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I've been busy.

IMG_6184_1I've been busy these past couple of days and most likely will be tomorrow too. Tonight Peter was kind enough to invite me to see Wilco at the Malkin Bowl with his entourage and I'm glad he did because it was awesome. Frankly I suck at reviewing concerts, movies, books and suck within three months of seeing them, so you'll just have to take my word for it. Or maybe he'll blog about how awesome it was. Or someone else. There were more than a few bloggers there.

One of my coworkers has an answering machine attachment thing that talks to him. He turns off the ringer on his phone and lets everything go straight to voicemail, and whenever there's a new message, the answering machine will tell him. As far as I knew and could hear, it only had two phrases:

"All my parts are in order and I am functioning perfectly."
"There is a message for you."

While he was away from his desk today I was thinking about how I was getting to the Malkin Bowl and other such logistics when all of a sudden the talking answering machine cut right into my thoughts:

"Are you sure you are making the correct decision? I think we should stop."

Freaked me right out. Good job, technology. Way to make me paranoid.

How did the terrible picture above get taken? Perhaps I was drinking too much of this stuff on Sunday.

IMG_6199_1

I've already forgotten the name of it. Seriously the nastiest shit I've ever drank and at well over 75% probably the most alcoholic as well. I'm surprised we didn't all go blind. It has an odour that makes you wonder whether or not it was actually manufactured for human consumption. But not bad if you chase it with iced tea. And only iced tea. Some people learned that the hard way.