Thursday, August 16, 2007

Damn you, facebook for making me think too much

IMG_5935_1At one point in time today, I remember that the whole sky took on a kind of sepia tint. It was kind of cloudy and blue-taupe and at the time I started writing an email to myself, like I sometimes do, so that I could post it to my blog later. But it was so loaded with bizarre metaphor and poeticky language that I dumped it before I sent it home.

I mean, who cares if the sky turns brown anyways? It was probably just the tinting on the windows.

At one point in time last night I was kept awake by the noise of somethingorother moving around in my intestines. It wasn't uncomfortable, just noisy. Usually when it does that I quickly find myself feeling really sick, but nothing came of it. It was just noisy as hell.

I've been having a lot of completely random people adding me on facebook lately and I have no idea where they're from. Do they read this blog? Are they stalking me on last.fm because I listen to a lot of cool music?

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt with this stuff, but still, if we don't have any mutual friends and we haven't talked in, say, more than four or five years, or you're completely random and I don't know you at all, it might be nice to send me a message.

Hi, we did ___ together.
I was in ___ class with you.
I don't know you but I think you're hot.

I don't care. Chances are I'll add you anyways. But at least then I'll know. Most are invited to bask in my awesomeness.

But the thing is too, that I'm kind of wary of people who try and friend me when they have no friends listed on their profiles. As far as I see it, the nicest thing about facebook is that because most people tend to add the people they already know first, most of us are probably putting relatively accurate information on our profiles. Not to mention, you can tell some things about people by digging through their friends lists anyways, especially if you don't know them.

So, what to do about a mysterious person who arrives out of nowhere, apparently looking like a supermodel? Goregeous guys have lots of friends, no? And what are goregeous guys doing wanting to have anything to do with me? These things just don't make sense.