Thursday, February 16, 2006

Chapter 72: in which erin is confused

In the crush to get into the bus last night, three people tried to force their way through the door at once, those three people being Hao, myself and a guy with a walleye, respectively.

We all stood there for a moment, staring at each other. The walleyed guy began to chuckle as he looked at Hao. Finally I got tired of standing there, so I got on the bus.

Hao followed me to the back, where he sat beside me. "That was so cool," he said, breaking into a wide grin. He then promptly fell asleep.

I have thought the whole incident through a few times now and I still have no idea what exactly happened there. Did I miss something? Maybe I'm not to know. People shouldn't do weird unexplainable things around me when I'm tired.

Abu's exams are weird. Every question is weighted the same, when it's obvious that they expect very different amounts of work for them, and you never quite know what he's expecting from you. I can't remember what the question was, but it was something complicated. I began to explain something, and then something else and finally I got tired of explaining things and wrote

BOLLYWOOD

as if that explains everything.

I think I did well.