Monday, February 06, 2006

In between awake and asleep there is a taco stand

Good morning Monday. Did I ever tell you you're beautiful?

I was a little surprised to see the sun when I woke up this morning. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? That's what I think you are. I can't tell you how many times over the past couple of weeks I've looked outside, seen a glimmer of light through the clouds and thought that it was going to be nice for the rest of the day. Then it rained.

Are you actually going to be sunny all day, or are you just playing tricks on me? I want to know, because if it's going to be sunny, I'll take my bike and my camera down to the river. Maybe there will be eagles there. If it rains, I'll just be pissed off.

I have to have a shower first though. There's always something in the way, isn't there?

Sometimes when I'm in the shower, some idiot upstairs decides to have one at the same time, and it's not the same as if someone flushes the toilet. The temperature doesn't change, but all of a sudden there's half as much water as there should be and while the twit upstairs is enjoying their shower, I stand there in the downsairs shower with the water on because I will not back down.

And eventually the water will get very cold, very quickly, but I'll stand there and wait for whoever is upstairs to shut off the water because I can be an onery bitch sometimes and there's no way in hell that I'll let them have a nice shower after ruining mine.

Right now there is someone in the shower upstairs, so I'll wait. I just wish that they were nice enough to do the same for me.

But then again, maybe they just don't know that they're doing it. After all, they obviously don't know that they're not cleaning the gum out of their pockets before they wash them. And they certainly don't know that that makes a mess when said gum sticks itself to the inside of the dryer and other people's clothes. You wouldn't know that either, right?

Alright, Monday, you are now bright, yet overcast. I hate to say it, but that looks remotely promising. I think I'll take my chances.