Saturday, February 18, 2006

Consider the hiatus over


Well, that was a pretty short hiatus, if I might say so myself. I got bored and disconnected the invisible tv in my room to plug in my modem and router, and now I'm all set. The tv didn't need to be plugged in anyways. Having a tv in your bedroom is bad for you you know. The same story was also in the news in Bahrain, of all places.

I'm working on a paper right now about online news coverage of underreported yet important stories. Some of the stuff you hear is quite shocking, actually. You know they test AIDS drugs on orphans and foster children in the US? Pretty disgusting if you ask me. And why was that not all over the news?

Today hasn't been a very good day. You know the feeling.

You wake up feeling crappy, move everything out of the living room, install a floor, take a bunch of decongestants for your stuffy nose and head/headache, blow your nose until it starts to bleed and then rub a combination of vaseline and lip balm all over it because it's red, chapped and hurts like a bitch. And eventually you begin to feel very, very cold, so cold that you suddenly wake up shivering violently in a fetal position on the floor and figure that you should probably take some more drugs and go to bed.

Yeah, I think the past couple of weeks of late nights and paper related stress is starting to bite me.

I guestblogged on a friend's blog about a year and a half ago and I can't seem to find the post. Maybe it was 2 years. I really have no idea. Maybe he took it down. I hope not because it was brilliant. I guestblogged on my sister's blog today and it was not brilliant. Read at your own peril.

I took a lot of pictures today, but they all look really weird. I don't know why. The one pictured above is the least weird. As I am still kind of sick, I'm off to bed. G'night all.