Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Reading break

I wish I had a reading break like all those slackers out there, but I just have a reading day. One lousy day. It's almost not worth it, but I'll take it anyways.

I guess I shouldn't complain. I get a four day weekend every week. Yeah, who's the lazy one now?

Yesterday I managed an uncharacteristic eight hours of studying and paperwriting. Most of it was on discourse analysis of this document about Canadian feature films and it's probably going to take many many more hours to finish. Sadly.

Some people enjoy doing this stuff, but for me it's like... How do I describe it? I want to say something kind of painful like maybe having someone pluck every hair off of your body one-by-one, but perhaps it's more like being poked repeatedly with a pencil, not painfully painful, but more like painfully boring.

So far I've made good use of my reading day. I slept in until 11:30ish. Pretty good since I haven't had a good night's sleep for a couple days now. And since I woke up I've watched the Olympics for a bit. Mostly figure skating today. Never been my favourite thing to watch, but meh. There was freestyle skiing earlier, but it ended abruptly when one of the Australian jumpers landed and started rolling around on the ground screaming. I hope she's alright.

Now I think I'll have a shower and then maybe get some reading done before I leave for dance. Maybe when I get home I'll have something worth saying. Cheers!