Sunday, February 05, 2006

Crickets

Dear Alison,

Yes, I have been whitewater rafting before, on the Cheakamus River, near Whistler. The rapids were pretty tame, so most of the time we spent just talking and enjoying the scenery. One of the people in our raft fell out for no reason whatsoever. She wasn't all that impressed. Maybe she should have thought of that before she did it.

However, I've never been rafting in Thailand and our guide on the river was neither stoned nor confused as to his country of origin, so I guess you lucked out.

Cheers,

Erin
My sister has taken a sudden odd interest in the Superbowl. She refuses to watch it on the TV, but she's got a couple blogs on constant refresh so that she knows what's happening.

The game? Yeah, I watched it. All five seconds of it. It looked like American football to me. What's with this four downs crap? Pretty wimpy if you ask me.

Someone got me kind of excited when they said something about cricket on television. I thought that we should call Abu and tell him which channel it was on, but it turns out that it was something to do with construction and not cricket, as in the sport.

Then my mother said "why, is he into this construction stuff?" and I said no, he likes cricket the sport. And she said something really confused about something in construction being called a cricket. And I said "No, he likes the sport thing cricket with the wicket and the bat thing and the ball and running and the wearing of white." That took me way too long to explain to her.

After weeks and weeks of rain it was sunny today. It was a welcome change.