Friday, February 10, 2006

Self-storage

So I was thinking that I could take me down to the Coquitlam Self-storage and store myself for a few years. I'm thinking eight would be good, then I could come out with a phd and a heavy Russian accent, because face it, we all want Russian accents, don't we?

And then I could be as arrogant as my uncle with his teaching university in Austria and wine-tasting classes so he doesn't have to be anywhere near the rest of his family. He says that he's going to change his name when my grandmother dies and I think I will too. Something Jewish, maybe, just for the hell of it. I'll be a polevaulter by then. Just watch out, because I'm going to stop shaving my armpits. That could be a tad bit frightening.

I had had some plans to go out and do something remotely social today, but instead I went to rescue my sister, who had locked herself out of my apartment. Long story.

It took me about two hours to get there, and by the time I had arrived, she had broken in through a window. Just my luck.

The Olympics has begun. I will be glued to the television for the duration. I missed Turin when I was in Italy. That's sad, because it looks like a nice city. I guess I'll have to go back some day. The Olympics are a pretty good commercial for tourism. That's the reason why they host them, isn't it?