Tuesday, February 28, 2006

No, I still don't know Bosco.

Have you ever had one of those days when you'll be sitting in the bus, minding your own business and you realize that your thoughts are voicing themselves?

It's never anything intelligent, of course, and everything you say is out of context, just little things like

"Damn, it's quiet. I've never had a dishwasher that quiet before." or

"It always leaves people wondering."

Things that indeed leave people wondering what the hell you're talking about and to whom. But maybe they don't. People tend to ignore each other on the bus.

None of this has actually happened, I just have a feeling that this is one of those days.

I got an interesting phone call just now. It was a woman's voice, but it was a really hoarse whisper so I couldn't quite make out who it was. At first I thought that maybe one of my friends was sick and asking to borrow my notes or something, but the voice was so obscured that I really couldn't tell what she was saying. That is, until I caught the name of who she was calling for.

Bosco. First time in months.

Oh Bosco, who the hell are you, why do you keep giving out my number and what kind of work do you do that all manner of bizarre and idiotic people seem to want to call you with disguised voices at random hours of the day? I'm not sure I really want to know, to be honest.

I hope that's the last one.

You too can make a friendly plastic giraffe. I am so tempted to do that.