Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Random seven


When you go to Pompeii all the brothels are laid out like McDonalds. There's a counter near the entrance where you take your order and then there are pictures of the combos on the walls. The tour guide was pretty smug about all this, but we weren't as impressed as perhaps we should have been because we were there to see Caecilius' house. We didn't see it finally, so I guess we'll never get to see the garden in the villa where sexy Grumio used to seduce all those ancillae.

Latin. Best high school elective ever.

My blog template needs some tlc.

There is officially nothing to do at my apartment, at least no more than anywhere else. I inherited a pilates video from somewhere or other a while ago and it's hiding somewhere at my parents' house. Seeing as I'm the only person I know who has a vcr that works, it would make sense that I would have it here. I mean, if I have to sit around and be bored, I may as well have awesome abs.

You know what this place needs? Dental floss.

Ever since I got my braces taken off I haven't been able to avoid getting stuff stuck in my teeth and that's really, really irritating. Hurts sometimes. The only thing is that I only ever seem to get things stuck between my teeth whenever there's no floss around, which is right now.

The beauty of floss is that it's one of those things that you forget about until you need it and don't have it. It's one of those things that I couldn't possibly remember when I'm at the store or what have you, and by the time I get home and remember, I don't feel like going out again to get some.

I get fixated on the weirdest possible things.

The guy on the radio is talking about that movie What Women Want and he says that really all that women want is Mel Gibson.

Excuse me?

I ask you, good people of the internet, what exactly is attractive about Mel Gibson? Ultra-conservative Christian values? American jingoism? That he's full of himself? He's not ugly?

The majority of the people in the world fit into the not ugly category.

Besides, what could possibly make him more attractive than say, Hugh Laurie or Paul Gross or even Ian Hannomansing, who reads me the news every night? There are more, I just can't think of their names because my brain's not working.

Mel Gibson is not hot.

I could never get a job at the CBC because my name is so wasp. Only people with cool names work there. Intelligent people with cool names. C'est la vie.