Monday, March 06, 2006

Bored

If I could explain how boring I am right now, this is how I would do it.

Take this puzzle, for example. It has been sitting on my desk in my apartment for weeks, for other people to try and piece together when they come over. Why? To have something to do. To be able to waste their time doing something, rather than wasting time doing nothing.

Is there a point? I don't know. Will there be a reward once they're finished? Nothing more than the breif satisfaction that they wasted enough time to complete something completely useless before they have to break all the pieces back up and put it back in the box.

What is boring? Take something and multiply it ad infinitum until you have a legion of things that are essentially the same. Puzzle pieces. They're boring.

Take a day, wake up, brush teeth, eat, waste time, sleep. Multiply by 28000, give or take a couple thousand and you've got a lifetime of days that are all essentially the same. At the end? The breif satisfaction that you've done a good job doing nothing particularly important before you too are broken up, thrown in a box and shelved indefinitely.

That's boring.

Stats is really getting to me.