Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Creature of habit

My mother and sister are in Mexico for a week. School fieldtrip. That leaves my father and I here to drink with reckless abandon. Or not, as the case will most likely be.

My father arrived at my apartment in a huff. It seems that he was upset at how superfluous he felt at the airport. My sister does this thing where she can be very short and rude to people when she either has no interest in what they are saying or they say or ask something that she thinks is obvious. I can only imagine that that is what took place. I don't know if she even realizes that she does it. I'm hoping that she'll grow out of it one day.

Anyways, this isn't supposed to be a bitch session about her because she'll be away and not reading my blog for a week.

I left school four hours early today because it was snowing so hard and the busses were getting stuck in the streets. Snow always makes me paranoid. Coming down off the hill, the blizzard turned to pouring rain that was so hard that it quite literally rained right through my umbrella onto my head and turned the streets between the bus stop and my apartment into rivers.

By the time I made it there I was thoroughly soaked and chilled and I've only recovered just now. There's something about chronic sleep deprivation that seems to make my body completely incapable of keeping itself warm.

I did something really stupid today. There is this person named Sam that I had been talking to through email for a while and I thought Sam was male. Then I met this person and decided that he was female, but apparently he wasn't and no one told me before I called him a she today. I feel like a big idiot now.

I have had a little cat bugging me for the past couple of hours now. She gets a bellyrub from my mom every night at eight ten, sharp and will fuss until she gets it. It is now eleven thirty-four and she's still here, which means I should go now. Good night all.