Friday, March 31, 2006

Busy

Erin just got off the phone from speaking with someone who sounded very scary. Mostly Erin is just a wuss, but she's hoping that scary person will give her a job.

If not, it won't be the end of the world, at least not for that reason. I'm out of couscous. That could be serious, as for the most part, couscous is the majority of my summer diet.

Start with a bowl that is larger than you think you need. Take halfish a bullion cube, disolve in 1.4 cups of boiling water from a kettle, add 1 cup couscous immediately and cover for 5 mins. Add some olive oil and a good mixture of any of the following: garlic, green onions, purple onions, tomatoes, chopped bell peppers. Spices are good too, especially when they're fresh. Basil, oregano and mint are always safe bets. Don't follow my measurements though. I don't measure things.

I have more things to do, now that I think of it. I should put together a portfolio with some of the writing and graphic design I've done, so it looks nice and pretty. Not my web design though. I suck at that. But I've made some other, reasonably nice looking stuff and it would be nice at some point or other to get paid to make more reasonably nice looking stuff. This is my thought exactly.

I should be thinking more about school right now. I have to write a paper on journalism for Tuesday, topic to be determined. I have to do a big corporate profile thingie about Bell Canada for Wednesday. Joy.

Loyal non-reader Jim asks: have you moved in yet? as I meet him crossing the street, on his way home from work with a cone of fish and chips. "Only sort of," I reply. And that would be closest to the truth, really.

It is Raymi's birthday today and I can't think of anything good to say that hasn't been said before. I first found her blog through the likes of Matt Good and Tony Pierce because they were always always saying nothing but nice things about her, and you know what? They're right. A lot of the blogosphere is boring but she isn't. I just thought I'd mention that.