Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I am not bothering to title this post

"I brought my umbrella here. I don't know if I need it yet."

"You never know around here," I replied. This guy is always at the busstop but I've never actually talked to him before.

"No, you never know around here. That's why it's good to be prepared. I don't need it yet, but I have it when I do. You know the immigrants these days, they're all over into everything. They just let them in. You don't know their backgrounds or nothing. Too many of them. They should tighten the borders up. I seen how they live. I've been to every single country in the world." He sneered at this then continued. "Miserable bastards, Russia, Czechoslovakia, India, Pakistan, Kenya. I seen'em all. East Germany, Poland..."

"Somalia?" I supplied. For those who aren't familiar with what I mean by Somalia, this link helps. Think Abu Gharaib Canadian style.

"Yeah, I been to Somalia, and Sweden and Norway. Miserable bastards. No pensions and so much poverty. I seen how they live. Then they come over here and they never had it so good. And the Middle East, it's terrible there too.

"I told my nephew that he should join the army. I said that it'll make a man out of you and he says that I was right. That's what I did. And when you get out you get a pension. $3000 a month and you join the Legion and get free bubbly. You just show em your card and they give it to you. But my nephew's a master boilermaker now and he's gonna do that wen he retires from the army but he's got cancer now..."

And that's about the time when my brain switched off. I can only take so much in one day.