Thursday, March 30, 2006

Worst blog post ever

It's one of my favourite pasttimes, writing up long lists of things to do that I will never accomplish. When I first began doing it, I was naïve and thought that writing things down would somehow compel me to get them done. Now I'm older and I know better. I still write out the stupid lists.

It's something about feeling organized, I guess. There are a lot of people that assume that I am because I've always done alright in school and at times I seem to be a very rational person, but they're sorely mistaken. All you have to do is take a look at my desk or my room, or my locker or pretty much any other space I inhabit to see that.

I live in a constant state of clutter, living space, work space, mind, body and soul.

I think it would be nice to charge someone with the responsibility of keeping my head on straight. This person would have to live with me and I could cook for them as long as they don't mind cleaning up a bit too because I forget and I don't really like doing that anyways. I'm not sure if such a person really exists.

So I write lists. I wrote one up today with all the things I want to accomplish over the summer and I doubt I will get many of them done. Regardless, I thought it was fun at the time so I figure it can't be all bad. I figure I'll probably do 20% of what I wrote down. The other 80, for the time being, can screw themselves. Either that or they get an honourable mention, a kind of runner-up prize to be determined at a later date.

I really don't know what I'm talking about right now. This is the worst blog post ever.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the majority of the things I said I wanted to do need money. That means I need a job. There's not much I can really do on that front right now, or for the next couple of weeks, for that matter. This is precisely why I hate spring.

I confess to feeling only half as much dread this year as I did this time last year, or the year before or the year before. I suppose that's a good thing. In fact, for the past couple of months I've felt better than I have in years. I can't say that I mind that much. There are a few people to blame for this but I don't feel like singling them out right now. They either know already or if they don't, they probably don't need to anyways.