Friday, March 03, 2006

Error

I am writing a paper on Canadian feature film policy right now. I have to base most of my research on debates that happened in Parliament between 1998 and today. Naturally, I look for the Hansard documents on the Parliament website: http://www.parl.gc.ca. This is what I get when I go there:




I don't panic, because I know that the site worked perfectly fine last week. I go to the main government website, canada.gc.ca and find it through the site map. When I click on the link, this is what I get:




Wonderful.
Fucking wonderful.

Not only that, but the policy documents that I had been using from the government website have also disappeared. I can not do anything until I find them again.

I do not posess sufficient words to explain how much I hate the assignment, the course, how fucking awful every bit of it makes me feel, going to lectures and tutorials, skipping lectures and tutorials, reading through mountains of statistics, reports, policy documents, transcripts, corporate websites not knowing what the hell you're doing but all the while knowing that you're wasting massive amounts of time and no matter what you do, your gpa is fucked. If I hear someone ask for an explanation of APA one more time I will scream. APA is not hard. Any idiot can do it. Just go down to the bookstore, buy a style guide and use it. This shouldn't be a difficult concept.

I guess I'm spending all day tomorrow in the library.

I have a headache and I want to crawl into a hole and die.